FENSA stands for the Fenestration Self-Assessment Scheme. Following Government encouragement, FENSA has been set up by the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) and other industry bodies in response to Building Regulations for double glazing companies in England and Wales.
When replacing windows, doors and roof lights in dwellings in England and Wales, homeowners must comply with current thermal performance and Building Regulation standards and ensure they get a certificate from a Competent Person scheme such as FENSA or Local Authority Building Control. FENSA enables companies that install replacement windows and doors to self-certify compliance under these Building Regulations without the need for a separate assessment from Building Control.
FENSA obtains funds to supports its certification operations through a combination of membership fees and inspection fees. FENSA does not aim to accumulate or distribute any surpluses, but set its charges at levels appropriate to finance the continuing operation and expansion of its certification product, and to provide prudent reserves against contingencies.
An independent report commissioned by the Government found FENSA to be the most successful of all competent person schemes to date in the UK, across all industries. FENSA is the brand trusted by consumers, Local Authorities, industry and Government.
FENSA is the industry standard for replacement window and door installers self-certifying compliance with the building regulations.
Here is why you should look for the FENSA logo when having replacement windows and doors fitted in your property:
Save time and costs:
- You do not have to register your window or door installation with the local authority yourself. Not only is the FENSA approach much faster and easier – it is likely to save you hundreds of pounds.
- Compliance with the Building Regulations without the added cost and time of arranging assessment by Building Control.
- If you own properties across different local authorities – for consistency of quality and price, you are able to use the same FENSA installer for all installations, as they can work in all Local Authority jurisdictions
Confidence in FENSA installers:
- FENSA is the brand trusted by consumers, Local Authorities, industry and Government.
- An independent report commissioned by the Government found FENSA to be the most successful of all competent person schemes to date in the UK, across all industries.
- Vetting: All FENSA registered companies are continually re-assessed by an independent inspection body to ensure consistency of Building Regulations adherence and service.
- Nearly 9000 companies nationwide have joined FENSA which include glazing companies, builders, national and smaller home improvements companies, local authorities, housing associations, property developers. If all these companies trust and use FENSA, consumers can too. If all these companies trust FENSA, homeowners can too.
- FENSA proactively protects consumers from the cowboys – not only by withholding the scheme from those unable to pass FENSA’s independent assessments; but also by reporting to Local Authorities and Trading Standards companies who erroneously claim FENSA registration, to enable prosecution.
- Customers are able to provide a rating score for installers on the feedback form. Businesses must use.
FENSA Building Regulations Certificate:
- This will be sent by FENSA directly to you to demonstrate compliance, important in the event you need to sell your house.
- How to Check if I have been Registered with FENSA or obtain a duplicate FENSA certificate?
Checking or Ordering a replacement FENSA Building Regulations Window/Door Energy Rating certificate.
FENSA certificates act as documentary evidence that the installation work has been self-certified as complying with the Building regulations.
You can view your installation record or order a replacement certificate on the website below, if your installation has been notified to FENSA by your glazing company and the certificate has already been issued. (Please allow up to 4 weeks from final invoice payment)
When you enter your details, information on when a certificate was dispatched will be provided.
Requests for further information:
Should you require further information about the FENSA scheme which you cannot find on this website, please email email@example.com or telephone 020 7645 3700.